How to Update Your Spring Wardrobe
It’s Spring! And the best way to take on this new season is with a fresh new wardrobe or new look.
But what do you try? How do you update your wardrobe so you still use some of your tried and true favorites while embracing the newness of the season?
Well, I’m glad you asked!
In this post I will go over the top ways to update your wardrobe for Spring. These ways will allow you to add some newness to your closet while staying true to who you are.
What items in your closet are dated? What are not considered “classics” or no longer serve you and your current style? Take those pieces out of your closet, sell or donate them. This will give you the fresh foundation for you to build your new Spring wardrobe on.
- Now the fun stuff! Go shopping! Choose from this list to get the key things you need that will instantly update your wardrobe while keeping your style. All trends are not for EVERYBODY. You choose what speaks to you, not the world.
- These are the top items you need to update your Spring look now. Pick your favorites, or pick them all! Remember, it is all up to you.
- An updated Jean- Choose a new style( wide, trouser, high waist) color (white, dark denim) and treatment (washed, distressed) to instantly update any top or jacket in your closet.
- Shoes- There are so many options this season. Choose a new sneaker with posh elements and color. A print or different heel type( kitten heel, platform, flat) will also give you a fresh new look.
- A new jacket- This is a key to updating any look. You can throw your new loose fitting blazer, traditional trench coat,distressed jean jacket, or moto jacket over items you already have in your closet and...VOILA...instant update!
- A fresh new handbag-This is one of my favorites! Just by sporting a fresh new bag, you can bring instant freshness to your look and style. Choose a popping new color( green, orange, gold, bubble gum pink) and then a trendy shape( bucket, crossbody, tote). You can also add new fabrics like straw or leather with treatments to really raise your fashion game.
- A wide leg pant- I love wide leg pants and trousers! They are so classic and flattering on all shapes. Find one in a seasonal color like coral, olive, purple, or yellow. Or you can go for the classics in tan, brown, black and of course white.
- A detailed/embellished top- Choose from oversized sleeves, puffed sleeves, prairie details, the boxy cut, and the oversized button up. Any unique and pretty detail will do. These tops pair wonderfully with your new jeans or wide leg trousers.
- Midi skirt- The skirt of the season! Best in a new print( florat, gingham) but also great in a great neutral or bold color. You can pair these skirts with anything and dress them up or down depending on your mood.
Whatever you decide on, remember the key to ANY fashion look and trend...BE YOU!!
Of course you can find many of these items at Bossed Up Life! After you decide on what you love, take some time to browse our store to find your new Spring favorite!